Saturday, December 1, 2012

All of this feels rather strange to be honest...



No, not the fact that I'm sitting in a room surrounded by a plethora of baby toys, one of which is a stuffed cow with a pacifier hanging on one of its horns.  And it's also not due to my sitting on an ottoman rather than at my desk because I need to be close to an outlet for my laptop charger.  Just keep reading...

Imagine your heart as a home with many rooms.  There's a room with the door closed.  It's been closed for a while.  You "walk" by it all the time.  You know what lies on the other side of the door.  You think about what's in that room.  At times you talk about it, but that's all.  Then one day you find yourself standing in front of that closed door.

That's where I am now.  I don't really know what will be accomplished by this, but the encouragement of my wife is confirmation enough to do what I've felt like doing for some time.  In my mind I'm standing in the open doorway to that room with my hand on the light switch.  And as I type this all I can think about is this scene from Field of Dreams.

Terence Mann enters the corn

Much has happened since our return from Kosovo last June.  Raleigh was born last November, we made the decision to remain in the U.S. and we're in the midst of a new season of life after moving to Knoxville, TN in March.  Writing is something that I enjoy immensely, and helps me process my thoughts, emotions, etc...

The light switch is flipped on.  Stick around won't you?  I have much to share...

No comments: